Golden Venn's quarterly newsletter provides an update on the London property market and insights on selected global destinations.
Summer 2017 Quarterly Market Report
- The number of exchanges in prime London between January and May 2017 was up 14.2% compared with the same period last year.
- The £1-2 million market has been buoyant, with a 13.8% increase in transactions in the first six months of 2017 compared with the first six months of 2016.
- The number of registrations by prospective buyers between January and May this year is up 13% on the same period last year.
- The Queen's speech included a Government Bill on Tenants' fees.
- Interest rates were kept on hold in June at 0.25%, but there are indications these may rise.
Sales MarketIn the run-up to the UK General Election the prime London housing market was showing signs of stabilising with demand levels rising, prices stabilising and transaction levels showing tentative signs of improvement...
Rental MarketRental prices across the UK are moderating. The average annual rent rose by just 1.8% in the year to May, according to the Office for National Statistics, compared to a rise of 2.3% six months previously...
Fiscal Policy & Economic BackdropA new Tenants’ Fees Bill was announced in the Queen’s Speech which will stop tenants in England having to pay money to letting agents...
The GV PerspectiveLondon is home to thousands of financial sector employees who will be breathing a collective sigh of nervous relief over the conciliatory noises coming from the direction of both the European Union and the UK in relation to euro clearing operations...
Quarterly Tip"Risk comes from not knowing what you're doing..." Warren Buffett
- Spring 2014
- Summer 2014
- Autumn 2014
- Winter 2015
- Spring 2015
- Autumn 2015
- Winter 2016
- Spring 2016
- Summer 2016
- Autumn 2016
- Winter 2017
- Spring 2017
- Summer 2017
- Autumn 2017
- Winter 2018
- Spring 2018
- Summer 2018
- Autumn 2018
- Winter 2019
- Spring 2019
- Summer 2019